drop me a message, I wont bite, well maybe just a little bit !!

Friday 27 April 2007

POWER Pramming.........






Came across this advertisment the other day for ' power pramming '.
I am willing to give anything a go.. (well most things...) so I thought, oh yea, I am going to try this, what a fab way to keep fit, no sweaty gyms, but plenty of fresh air and sight seeing.
Yes indeedy thats the way to go........

So out came the joggers and on went the nikes, decided it would be better to wear a t-shirt and a training top as was unsure how much like hard work this was going to be.
Best to warm up before me thinks, as I decided I would wholeheartedly put everything into this power pramming.
Found a place on the corner of a busy street and started my warm up, ordered three double brandys and downed them one after the other, the instant warmth was amazing from the inside out, but thought I also should warm my leg muscles, so ordered another brandy and climed off and on the bar stool 5 times before drinking the final brandy....
OK suitably warmed up now and ready to go go go, I thought that now would be the best time to do some physical checks on the pram before taking it through rigorous power play, so checks as follows

1/ handle grips in place
2/ wheels attached and fully inflated
3/ hood folded back for maximum aerodynamics
4/ safety restraint tight enough to keep child in place
5/ child sleeping comfortably
6/ brakes functioning

Right then, everything is in place, I am warmed up and raring to go..... so grabbing the pram firmly by the handles and we are off, setting off at a mega speed ..... lets put it this way Roger Bannister would have been impressed, avoiding drain covers and dog poop,

I reached the end of the street, left turn, these three wheel things are easy to drive, long straight road, moving into top power pramming mode now, oh yes, feeling the wind in my hair as I whizz along..... for some reason there seems to be a lot of people doing this power thing, there are a bunch of people behind me all going as fast as me, they dont all have prams but I guess the principal is the same, however they are all shouting, cant quite hear what they are shouting though as the need to keep my eyes front to avoid dog poop connection is imperative and much more important..... this road is busy, turn left and see two policemen coming towards me, so I slow down as they are running quite fast, they get to me and yell at me to step away from the pram, I do this instantly, one grabs the pram and the other grabs me and slaps on the cuffs....... at this point the other group of people have turned up and are shouting abuse at me....... Well how was I to know that you are supposed to do this 'powerpramming' with your own child and your own pram, it didnt say anything about that when I read it.............all it said was grab a pram and away you go..... so I did.

It looks like this is another sporting activity that is going to pass me by......... :-(

please note : that not all of this post is fact, as obviously I would never wear nike trainers and do not like the taste of brandy....
ciao4now

14 comments:

Rachel Schell said...

pram must be a stroller??

you can borrow my kid and stroller. :P

het (aka quickfit) said...

thanks at least I wouldnt get arrested.... yeah perambulator to give it its full british title....

ciao4now x

Rhian said...

okay - so where do i send the bail money. sigh. (grin!)

het (aka quickfit) said...

rhi... I will mail you my personal bank account details....please feel free to deposit as much money as possible.... I will pay you back I promise.... ;-D xx

r.d. said...

I never believed you with the brandy thing... sounded good though.

missfee said...

ha ha laughing my ass off Het! Thank god for the disclaimer at the end stating that you do not wear Nikes... was gonna delete you off my links if you did :-)you have a good weekend? xxx

het (aka quickfit) said...

r.d Brandy is something I can not get to grips with, I am always scared after work functions that someone will bring me a glass....eee then I look totally ungrateful as I swirl it round the glass and not take a sip

ciao4now x

het (aka quickfit) said...

missfee
Nikes ..eerr, thanks for keeping me on your bar (so to speak) haha.
Weekend, it was really good, had fun in the sun in Blackpool on Saturday and then Sunday was the housey housey chores...so pretty pants on sunday but needs must...
How was your weekend honey, did you cause your usual riot !? lol
ciao4now xxx

missfee said...

oh glad you had a good time and hopefully not feeling too rough for it still :-) had lovely weekend with my lady, minimal riotage but am sure we'll turn that around this week :-) hope you have a good day... tis all sunny and stuff here, most unusual for north scotland xxx

het (aka quickfit) said...

missy
I know you MUST be telling fibs, sun and scotland in May, no way, I worked in Scotland for a year (near inverness) and it is freezin cold ALL year round, no wonder copious amounts of whiskey are consumed, its the only way to stop your blood from freezing solid. However Scotland is beautiful and friendly and have enjoyed it every time I have been....
Have a top day lady and by the way did you accomplish your weekend challenge involving public transport ?

xx

The Mad Hatter said...

Watch out hun, you dont wanna get done for drunk driving ;-)

Kisses xXxXxXxXxXxXx

het (aka quickfit) said...

Madster I have been warned.... promise to take more care in future...sorry

ciao4now xx

storm indigo said...

very funny. I laughed so much at the bar stool warm-up that I almost couldn't finish reading. thanks...power pramming, it just sounds so 'straight', I would need a drink.

het (aka quickfit) said...

Goodafternoon Storm
I hope everything is fine with you, I am now released from custody and they have dropped all charges lol...
I am going to adopt the bar stool warm up every time now, its such a simple workout everyone can do it, and by the end of the routine you cant remember doing it anyway !!
so cheers storm (as she raises a glass) and lets do the bar stool workout together.

ciao4now xxx