drop me a message, I wont bite, well maybe just a little bit !!

Monday 23 April 2007

Never kid ya Mam.....

Mums are always smarter for sure !!


Amanda invited her mother over to her house for dinner. Over the course of the evening, Amanda's mum started to wonder if there was more between Amanda and her roommate (Sandy) than met the eye. She had long been suspicious of her daughter's sexuality, and watching them interact made her more curious. Reading her mum's thoughts, Amanda volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Sandy and I are just roommates."
About a week later, Sandy came to Amanda and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find my favorite drinking cup. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"
Amanda saidd, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So she sat down and wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a drinking cup from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a drinking cup.

Several days later, Amanda received a letter from her mother which read: "Dear Daughter, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Sandy, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Sandy. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the drinking cup by now.....


How come mums always know ?


ciao4now

13 comments:

none said...

That's how I found out my mom was gay. I didn't think her "room mate" slept with 50 pounnds of free wights and a sewing machine in her bed for 4 months.

storm indigo said...

omg i laughed out loud and am still chuckling to myself. very funny. at least she has a very funny 'coming out/how i told my mother' story to tell.

Rhian said...

Yup - mom's are scary. I know because i have one and i am one. I'm terrified of mine but for some reason my kids just laugh at me...lovingly but still they laugh. sigh. so much for MY spooky mom vibe.

het (aka quickfit) said...

Hammer
how could you do that to your poor mum ? and dont try to blame another sibling....I know it was you !! xx

Storm
How cool would that story be, omg, but what a simple way too, it would save all the agony of plucking up the courage.. xx

Rhi
I am sure your children are more relaxed and dont take things serious as they have their mothers sense of humour... and a great attitude to life (and I bet they can compromise ;-) ...xx

Middle Girl said...

LOL!!

No roommate (other than adult "kids") so..no connection to be made there. She may start to wonder though, when I finally tell her that I'm going to Tennessee for the 3rd time in 5 months...

missfee said...

ha! my coming out story went like this: mum walks into the bedroom of her daughter, catches her mid coital and exlaims, 'but who's under the duvet cover'... 'eh, Claire' says the naked, hideously ashamed daughter...

am shuddering at the rememberance of this... x

het (aka quickfit) said...

deb
I cant wait for your next post after Tennessee.... but you are right, they will be getting suss... bet they already guessed haha...

xxx

missy
Oh my goodness you dont do anything by halves, thats so funny, (funny to me, but embarrassing for you no doubt) what a way to find out !! pmsl big time.

xxx

missfee said...

hey lady, i still get a beamer thinking about it... but glad I made you laugh :-) oh and I like 'Missy' xxx

het (aka quickfit) said...

missy I would have died of embarrassment for sure, I would have NEVER seen my mother again,,,,,,,, ahahaha

xxx

missfee said...

i bet she wishes she never had to see me (or my nakedness again)... hey, explanation required for your comment under camel's hoof post! xxx

het (aka quickfit) said...

missy your fingers are really fast today !! lol

you are replying to the posts faster than I can get to the comments....

keep those fingers nimble cause the weekend is almost HERE !!

ciao4now xxx :-)

missfee said...

ha ha! I know, I type faster than I write and speak... clearly I have too much time on my hands... any big plans for the weekend?

xxx

het (aka quickfit) said...

you know what I have just emailed ya about the weekend
ahah

my turn to get in first xxx