drop me a message, I wont bite, well maybe just a little bit !!

Thursday 22 March 2007

whats in a name

Funny thing happened at work this morning, we have a client that have employed a new manager, (that incidentally I will need to speak to on a daily basis)...... I wrote his name down when I was given it and called this morning....... I spoke to the girl in the office and asked to be transferred through to Mick Hardigan..... at this point listening to myself say this out loud I seriously had a bad case of p.m.s.l...... oh my, I then had a mutlitude of things running through my head like, can I speak to Mick Hardigan, no hes not there ? well can I speak to me jumper...?
At this point the guy picked up the phone, while I was still pmsl and feeling that this giggling fit would not dissappear straight away, I was totally unprofessional and put the phone down... I have now made two further attempts to call him but I seriously have got a case of childish behaviour and cant do it !!

This has then got me think back to a time when in the RAF, and a young girl in the mess (canteen) actually shoulted across the hall and said " has anybody seen Mike Hunt "...
oh she never lived it down, especally as half the mess raised their hands in unison...
There is also a grasstrack motorcyle sidecar pairing that I remember from my younger days..the guy was called Ivor Firman and his racing partner was called Sue Moorecock... being only about 12/13 at the time I found this highly amusing...
A footballer called Fitz Hall (who plays for Wigan Athletic) is know as ' one size '...... think about it !!

Does anyone else have any funny names that they have come across ?

Also does anyone know how I am going to call this guy without laughing ?

ciao4now

9 comments:

missfee said...

oh can feel your pain, am often taken down by giggling fits, especially in churches...

Oh by the way, I really like your white jacket... love a funnel neck :-) x

none said...

I actually knew a Mike hunt

straighttalker05 said...

I once heard of a Tamara Knight... Said in a Northern Irish accent it is even more hilarious to a 10 year old.

We also had an Amanda Shufflebottom in school - it wasn't that funny, but we still laughed.

het (aka quickfit) said...

missfee, churches do that to me too, and they always, always make me have a coughing fit.... ps thanks, but thats not the jacket, my mates call me girraff !! lol
thanks chick :-)

hammer......... how bad is that name, and what a fantasic sense of humour his parents must have

straighttalker05
I think that amanda shufflebottom is funny even now !
Tamara Knight... proper making me giggle like a schoolgirl !
(and I said it in my best Irish accent, which isnt very good by the way)

ciao4now

Itsnopicknick said...

you're gonna have to email him, me thinks!

Rhian said...

Oh dear. i think it's a lost cause because i can't stop giggling myself. Yup - email it is.

het (aka quickfit) said...

hi spoon I am going to email him its my only saving grace I think..

have fun

Crowwoman
you know email is just as funny, even typing his name makes me giggle, I think that I am going to suggest that therapist start to use this approach..maybe..

thanks for stopping by

ciao4now

storm indigo said...

hysterical. when i first started working as a dispatcher the officers would try to get me to make an announcement 'mike hunt call your office'....i never fell for it.

i nearly fell off my chair when a dispatcher i didn't like announced it. they also liked Anita Mann. juvenile, but very funny.

het (aka quickfit) said...

storm
I think these jokes are really funny, yeah I know some think childish....but laughter is the best medicine I say....
Anita Mann haha

ciao4now xx