drop me a message, I wont bite, well maybe just a little bit !!

Friday 9 March 2007

Smoke or not to smoke

It seems that as the smoking ban draws ever nearer in England, everyone I know is making an attempt to give up smoking........ so what do I do ? shall I give it a go ? or should I stay individual and tell the world to ram it ?

But I know I am starting this with a defeatest attitude, I trick myself with the lines " but I enjoy it" or " I am not ready to give up ", which promps, how do you know if you are ready to give up ? if thats the case then I will NEVER be ready to give up....

Like most things I was an early starter when it came to anything bad, I have been smoking since I was TEN tears old.... (and I made my brother start at the same time and he was (well still is....) two years younger) So is this another excuse I can use for failing.... I have smoked too long to give up now, why practice and perfect smoking for this long, only to stop ?
I am worried that giving up smoking is going to be that stressfull that I will then start smoking to combat the effects for stressing about not smoking....
Seems like a vicious circle to me.....

So before I jump in with two feet and attempt the impossible, I am going to do some research this weekend and get some info about ' how to give up '......

So if anyone has any ideas about giving up or not giving up let me know, I think maybe I will need all the help I can get.....

anyway gotta go now as its time for a cig before I start my day at work.

ciao4now

5 comments:

none said...

Everyone I know uses the patch.
and smokes too...

het (aka quickfit) said...

hammer
thats what I call a real addiction... but hey I will try anything twice (the 2nd just to make sure that I didnt really enjoy it the first time ) !!

x

missfee said...

oh the smoking ban is ok... though everyone congregates in the pub door ways puffing their smoke into my fabulously clean hair... it's ok if it's ME that's doing the puffing tho... Good luck :-)

het (aka quickfit) said...

missfee
were you having a dig then about your new clean hair ?!? lol

So are you gonna give up smoking too ?

I'm sure it would be easier if we had a support club and all tried to give up together

in fact its probably better than some of the clubs I have been to in my dark and shady past, but thats another story

straighttalker05 said...

Smoking is a smelly habit. And yet still rather glam.

If I smoked I reckon I'd want to try without the patches or nought, just to see how bad it was.

Otherwise, dope yourself up as much as possible, or go into a coma.