drop me a message, I wont bite, well maybe just a little bit !!

Thursday 1 March 2007

weekend wonder

How and what am I going to do to make this weekend as exciting and fun as last weekend........ ?? I need some ideas desperately.... help me....

Last weekend was just a fun, amazing, eye opening weekend.... let me try to explain...
Last Saturday morning I left my home at seven thirty (ish) ha with a weekend pass and drove the two hundred and fifty miles to a country guest house (my home for the night) in deepest darkest Norfolk, and yes the land lady was a snot, but she, at this point was the least of my worries..... in fact she wasnt a worry at all ! snotty cow..
Anyway... I was in the RAF and was on a reunion weekend with some of my buddies (old buddies I suppose as I hadnt seen most of them for 13-14 YEARS)

However I thought it best to make the most of the whole weekend... as you do..

So, first of all thanks to friends reunited (or as it should be called...dangerous but fun liasons) I was meeting with the most amazing fantastic person that I hadnt seen for 16 years...... oh boy this was the 'one that got away ' all those years ago......you know the one, I think everybody has this person at some point in their lives..... wrong time, wrong place,.. yes it was probably still wrong time, wrong place, but hey what the hell, sometimes you just gotta go for it, make a stand, face up to what you don't really want to see....... but oh my word, it was like nothing had changed at all....nothing, as I looked into the eyes and saw the most magnificent reflection of my feelings...I can 100% state that it was definiely the wrong time and the wrong place....... well it was in a pub in the backwater of Norfolk !!
We only managed to get a couple of hours together, but this was enough time to arrange the next illicit meeting.....

Then onto the evening, where I met with nine of my old buddies... it was set in a country pub... and I mean country.... to put it another way when the nine of us entered the pub the population of the village had doubled and the locals were all on the pull as they tried to find one of us who could break the family tradition of interbreeding (they must long for a child that doesn't have six toes and that doesn't drink its own bathwater !!)
The whole night was a constant reminisance of past misdemeanours and fun fun, fun, I laughed for the whole evening, and at one point I actually thought that if I laughed much more I would need a tena lady ! As the village pub only closed when the last person left, it truely was a late, drunken, fantasic, fun, becks and voddy redbull weekend.

How do I compete with this ?

7 comments:

none said...

Nights like that are difficult to duplicate or surpass. Glad you had a good reunion!

Trinity2 said...

Wow! Sounds wonderful! What is RAF? (I am picturing some french resistance group although you are much too young for that!) I love how you described the pubs in the country! Again, what a night! I want to hear about the "illicit meeting"!
BTW thanks for stopping by my post - always good to have new faces! Cheers!

het (aka quickfit) said...

hammer
you are sooo right it cant be duplicated, and to prove it, it is Saturday night and only 21.45 and I am at home...mmm

T2
RAF = Royal Air Force , the french resistance sounds much more intersting though !)
I will of cause let you know what happens at the illicit meeting, TWO WEEKS to wait... oh my its gonna be a long two weeks I feel..

thanks for the post
ciao4now

SassyFemme said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to "meet" you. So the one that got away might not have gotten away after all? Can't wait to read more!

Itsnopicknick said...

Those nights are the best! Laughter til your jaw hurts...

het (aka quickfit) said...

sassyfemme
Its nice to meet you too, and as soon as I have more news I will let you know.... in for a msn with my illicit later....

spoon
you are so so right, it really was the funniest night for ages, cant wait to do it all again at the end of the month

thanks for droppin by.
ciao4now

missfee said...

ha ha! you got laid thanks to friends reunited?! brilliant!